Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Party to a Party

As you may well know, I haven't been getting out much lately. Then, to my surprise, I was invited to a Fourth of July BBQ by Hot and Daniel (fake names: real love). They put on an enjoyable 'Q-party with a generous spread, eclectic music, and interesting guests. We ate and talked, talked and ate...and then had some cake. And, while the ideas of a spontaneous sleepover or Uno didn't take, I had a great time. Here are some observations:

1. We didn't get any pictures, dammit! I have no photographic representation of my cool new acquaintances or of Byron's (potentially) last G'ville outing. Plus, since I haven't been going out as often, I try to look real sharp when I do, and I'm getting no pictures to prove it. I'm like a celebrity with nothing to be famous for and no paparazzi. Oh yeah, and I eat carbs.

2. If you are or ever were a server and you meet someone who is or ever was a server, you become each others' new best friend. It's an axiom! Hot's friend 'Roar and I swapped server stories with relish (and mayonnaise on the side). Even so, I forgot my best "drugs and the restaurant" stories. D'oh! Rueing day...

3. Why don't adults ever have sleepovers? Is it because we're weirded out by the prospect of an orgy? Is it because we're too cranky to sleep on the floor? Is is because we sold our Holly Hobby sleeping bags? We shouldn't have to give birth to children to feel like kids again. I'm going to go buy Leggos—who's with me!?!

4. Since I ate a soy-substitute chicken patty sans barbeque, does that mean the terrorists have won? I don't think this dinner option would qualify as an "American" in Texas. It was good, though.

I hope that this will be one of many potential outings for the month ahead...I know a Pirates of the Caribbean viewing is imminent, and I've heard tell of a luau, not to mention the fact that Marlin and I are working on a trip to Jax for ice skating. Stay tuned as people give me something to blog about!

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit ! No picture? It's sound like a great time.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger AL RULES said...

the sleep over point is a good one. why is it when an adult sleeps over its usually because you are having sex with them or they are that drunk ass friend who can't walk to the door let alone drive.

dammit... i proclaim august 7th national adult sleepover day. invite all of your friends over to spend the night. bring cartoon sleeping bags and tell ghost stories (government conspiracies). eat cheetos and try not to orgy your little heads off!!!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Violet said...

Ruben,
Yeah, once I get my camera back, I'll have to throw a party myself.

Al,
August 7th, it is! I'll get my promotional materials to the printers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home