Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Appologies!

It looks as if I missed the last three days of Christmas. Ok, not physically missed them—I wasn't in a coma or anything. But, yes, I did get too overwhelmed with Christmas preparation, travel, and family visiting to write. Woo-hoo! That's the good stuff. At any rate, it looks as if the last three days of Christmas will just have to be our 2007 Christmas mystery. That's right, I've instituted the cliff-hanger route to increasing my blog's readership. Stay tuned...

In other news, I had a great night's sleep last night. I mean, simply fantastic. I only got up twice during the night, and that's a record of sorts. Usually, as many of you know, I'm up between 3 and 5 times a night. Last night, I slept. And I dreampt. Let's see...I had a dream about this huge library with weird staircases and a small, small elevator. I forget what I was looking for, but I think I finished looking before whoever I was with was finished. I was a little pissed.

After I got up and went back to sleep, I had another dream. This one was about some party I was attending at this three or four story mansion. I was hitting on this one guy and making out with him. [And yes, yes, I've self-censored some details here for parental eyes...] Later, I overheard him say something incredibly rude, and I called him on it. Oddly enough, the mansion had the same small elevator as the library. As I was getting ready to take the elevator, this guy shows up, and I informed him he'd have to wait until the elevator came back. I remember that Jolanda was in this dream as a party guest, and I suspect that Andretta must have been too, though I didn't see her. Ohyeahand the weird, weird part of the dream was this really large bird at the top of an outdoor staircase. I couldn't figure out if it was really old or a large baby because he had lots of puffy baby feathers. Bizarre.

The other odd thing about the dream was that I'd "been" to both of these places before when dreaming. My dreamscape architecture is pretty intricate. I'm not sure what it's based on, but, when I dream, I recognize interiors and exteriors often.

At any rate, yeah, this is well-rested me. Good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home