Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Twelve Days of Christmas (#6)
Home-made Gifts

My grandmother made a quilt. Once. For me. It was so difficult to finish that she promised God that she would never attempt another quilt if he would let her finish the one she was making. I love my beautiful quilt. But I may well have gotten myself into a similar conondrum. I'm hand-making a present for my mother's side of the family that is taking me way, way too long to finish (ergo the reason for my absence in recent days). At any rate, I am thisclose to finishing, but I still have to print out some pictures and take the whole bundle in for printing at the copy center, and I'm not even assured that they'll greenlight the project. If I do end up finishing, this will be the best present ever, and people will weep. If I don't finish this, I'll come to Christmas empty-handed and frustrated, and I will weep.

In the holiday spirit, then, please wish me fortitude and luck. I have no idea how Santa manages this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home