Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Twelve Days of Christmas (#5)
The Big Empty-Out and Seeing a Friend

Like many college towns, Gainesville periodically empties out of students around holidays and in the summer. Christmas is no exception, and the experience is great. Since I'm done Christmas shopping, I don't have to get into mall traffic, and all the other traffic is lighter as well. What's more, I walked out to the library a few days ago, and it was practically a ghost town...niiiiice!

I haven't been completely bereft of company, though. On Wednesday, I got to see Piper. She was driving by G'ville on the way to see her folks for the holidays, and we had dinner and a wee gift exchange. Piper's always a few steps ahead of me pop-culture-wise, and she got me two great books that I'll be reading on and off in my down time. And, of course, if I have any honor in me, I'll make a return visit to see her soon. I'm woefully behind on that promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home