Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Steaming Cup of Huh?

A few weeks ago, I was driving down Newberry Road and saw a marquee for a bank which proudly proclaimed:

Coin-machine coffee for customers

This has got to be the most inane sign I've seen in many moons. First off: coin-machine coffee? Really proud of that, are ya? I've got a wee suggestion...some gourmet shit might net you a few more new accounts. Second: is the coin-machine coffee free for customers? If not, does that then mean that only customers can buy the coffee so lovingly offered by this coin machine vendor? And, if so, what kind of perk (excuse pun) is that? All I can say is that I hope they're better with your money than they are with their words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home