Gaines-sayings

They grow culture in a petri dish.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Go, Fetch!

So, in an earlier post, I bitched and whined about getting bit by a pony at my little brother's going away party. To plead my case, that was one of the weirdest and most noteworthy things to happen to me in many moons. Even so, I overlooked talking about how much I love my brother and how much I would (and will, and do) miss him. Well, yesterday, Jake called me from New York which gives me a fabulous excuse for talking about him now.

He and Kinya (his "Kay") are doing well up there. He's tracking down possible jobs and apartments while they live on top of each other in her studio. She's in the orientation process at NYU's graduate acting program. And I am so proud of both of them. It sounds like they're doing well managing the fear and excitement that always come with a big move and certainly come with living in a bigger city.

In fact, Jake just started a blog to talk about his experiences. As I told him, it's so great to read his writing. He's got a real appreciation for little things, which is a necessary trait when you grow up in a small town. If you can't appreciate the little things there, ain't nothing much to talk about, believe me. I also like how he contrasts Southern (and small-town) manners with Northern (and metropolitan) ones. As he would say: good times, good times.

Anyway, I send all my love and best wishes to him and Kinya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home